Friday 11 May 2012

Band Quest. The Vendorbelly Story.


   Luke, Joey and Euan follow through the rifts with what I expect to be a blistering set.  
   I recently went to a gig at Kings Cross and my eardrums have only just recovered.  I am hoping that the tinutal effect follows through tonight.  The set will be the with anticipation both hard, edgy, Melvinish and also contain elements of audio self mutilation.  I have come to expect this from this band.  I am never disappointed.   These two Sonic Youth fanatics don't just plunge the instruments into our faces, but through our dripping wet craniums.






 

   As the set finishes I cannot wait to pick up my pen and begin scribbling this review.  Well, what can I say about Vendorbelly's gig.  In my opinion I felt it to be as tight as Joey's snare.  The music swamped over me like an ether, filled the subconscious spaces of my mind with beat and melody.  This music medicine I cannot live without.  But alas! like Quinine too much may be fatal. (all Victorian banter aside, a monumental set was seen and heard).  The heavy tones of modern bands like the Black Keys, within the set, and sound I could see a similar prowess of oomph!  The visceral, pounding nature, which fills the soul is unimaginable unless experienced.  The tonal prowess of this music installs a nature of primal lust, an almost "Come hither my child, prepare to get f****d by the music long arm".  
   If the Pick of Destiny was formed from Satan's tooth, then Vendorbelly was formed from Odin's stomach.  Like a Norse punch to the gentleman's relish, this trio of musical ne're-do-wells have what it takes to be an interesting pitch in the future.  I look forward to more of their gigs and await to coming cacophonous apocalypse. 

F.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment