Thursday 21 June 2012

'No such thing as a free meal' - Rekorderlig begs to differ

Alrite so you're strolling through Soho in the early eve and OMG there's a Rekorderlig van handing out free booze!!!


Eventually when we get the website sorted I'm thinking odd news like this is gonna go under a tab called 'unusual but cool and just a little bit different'…might work on that tab name. But my point stands, as this van parked in Golden Square Soho offered passers by the chance to sample some of their newest Rekorderlig flavours and some free Swedish dishes.

Named the Rekorderlig Taste Tour this little van will be making stops in and around the capital throughout June (check Facebook page for place, times and updates). I think Rekorderlig are in the process of a new marketing campaign, defining it as a Swedish cider and I gotta say as far as PR stunts go this wasn’t half bad. The van offers Swedish meatballs with beetroot and apple salad or a mushroom risotto made with Rekorderlig pear cider. I went for a sample taster of their new orange and ginger flavour (pretty good) and they also hand out cards where you can claim a free bottle of Rekorderlig from local surrounding bars.

I confess I hadn’t had a Rekorderlig until about a year ago and couldn’t believe how I hadn’t had one up until then. They do seem like the fancier cider option amongst the array of ciders in pubs, a little bit more expensive at times but personally I think they’re worth it. If you like your blended fruit flavours and lighter/bubblier drink options at the bar then a Rekorderlig is often a sound choice.


Angelic Rogue

No comments:

Post a Comment