Tuesday 7 August 2012

Olympic Splendour with Greco-Roman Wrestling.

The Olympics.  

   What a wondrous event which befalls a country, and the world every four years.  We see this as a blessing that our great city, London has been given.  I myself agree to this.  I have seen numerous acts of niceness, including talking on the Tube and holding of doors.  I think I even beheld a man giving up his seat for an elderly person.

   Yesterday I was located at the Excel to watch and survey the Greco-Roman wrestling.  It included numerous weight classes: 60 kg, 84kg, 120kg.  I managed to wrangle myself great seats behind the podium.


   The Iranian Gold Medallist doing a decent jig as he throws his bouquet to fans standing in front of me in the stands.  The green flags emblazoned with hope and feeling waving in the cacophony of Olympic splendour.   
My favourite bout of the evening was for the 'heavies'.  These chaps, built like steam ships and looking light something out of a mist filled, war painted setting, came on to the stage rearing to kill, flip and pin their opponents with tight foot work and nifty hands. 
   At the end of the evening I managed to get close and see the Turkish Bronze medal.  I shocked myself to see how close I came to the Olympic stars that make the Olympics so great.  I was impressed by this athlete as he decided to greet his fans as an equal, taking photos and mingling, of course he was on a schedule and was whisked away but not before i managed to capture this video.  
    

  



The Fanciful Dandy signing out.

F.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment