Tuesday 21 August 2012

Update: Resi 6 and DMC

I’m away for just a few short weeks; my facebook status lays dormant, access to the internet non-existent, my mobile defiantly switched off. I am detached, unplugged, relaxed because I chose to instead soak up some summer sun in a far off location sipping cocktails by the pool. If that zombie outbreak that I’ve been keeping an ever constant vigil for had occurred during my vacation I would have been the last to know (on the bright side it would have been like Dead Island).
 Why do I mention this? Two reasons; first, it seems like all the stuff that I’ve been eagerly awaiting has happened in those weeks that I was away (typical) and secondly since we’re on the subject of zombie outbreaks anyway I’ve just discovered that Capcom have revealed their latest trailer for Resi 6. So if like me you didn’t know it had come out I’ve posted it here.
You know the way a movie trailer will build, raising the tension for an almighty finish? Clearly Capcom have gone for a far more cinematic trailer to emulate this, dramatic yelling and explosions in all the right places. All those threads of storyline that have been dangling since Resi 2 look to be coming back together, producing one heck of a saga in its wake.
Biggest shocker: Ada’s back, mysterious and as sexy as ever. A nice little display of a battle with a bigass B.O.W. included and it looks to me like Capcom are continuing their much praised Chris/Sheva combo from Resi 5 by putting all the main characters from 6 into boy/girl tag teams. That’s not definite, I just can’t see Capcom ignoring a tried and tested formula that people liked so much last time and whenever characters do come on screen they do so in pairs. In any case the more I see the more I like and its release will be in October.
Also worth an honourable mention is DMC’s new trailer (Devil May Cry). If you read my predictions for E3 I rather haphazardly predicted its release very soon but it’s not coming until the middle of January 2013. Still am loving the new trailer. Biggest shocker: Virgil has entered the mix which I hadn’t factored but I guess it makes for a better storyline and Dante enters into a faction trying to save the world rather than being just a lone wolf. We get a sneak peak into a boss fight and some new footage of Dante being typically badass – enjoy.


Angelic Rogue

No comments:

Post a Comment